AGENT RESOURCESOverview General FAQ Service Procedures Buyer Rebate FAQ Guidelines Policies
NEED MORE HELP?Email Us Call Us Chat
Attend an event
When you accept an Attend an Event service, you will personally attend the customer's closing, inspection, or walk through. You will help coordinate the logistics and offer advice and consultation as needed.
- Call the buyer to introduce yourself and coordinate the logistics.
- Show up at the appointed time to provide help, guidance, and advice.
Events that are associated with a purchase or sale contract are assigned to the agent that is handling the transaction. If you are handling the transaction you must be available to address any issues that arise during or after the event regardless if you are asked to attend the event.
If the event is rescheduled at no fault of the customer then you must agree to the new time or agree to a cancellation without payment.
Home Search Alerts
When you accept a Home Search Alerts service, you will establish a saved search in your MLS that automatically notifies the customer when homes matching their search criteria come on the market, change price, or change status. The search must remain active for six months.
- Call the buyer to introduce yourself and determine her search criteria.
- Create the custom saved search in your MLS account.
- Leave it active for 6 months.
List a home
When you accept a List a Home service, you will provide representation to a seller while her home is marketed including a listing in the multiple listing service (MLS), comprehensive internet exposure (zillow, realtor.com, etc.), a professional sign, showing coordination, feedback gathering, offer presentation, negotiation of terms, and contract preparation. This service ends when the property goes under contract, the listing expires, or the seller takes the home off the market. Your fee is earned regardless of the outcome.
If the seller wants you to hold an open house or attend closing it is an extra $100. Professional price opinions are an extra $50. The seller is responsible for providing photos, measurements, and a lockbox. The seller must fill out and give to you a completed MLS spec sheet which is provided by GoldenKey. The seller may take the photos herself or hire a photographer. You need not provide printed marketing materials at the property. Being a technology company, we prefer that flyers and disclosures be made available online rather than printed and placed at the property. When the property is put under contract, you will continue to represent the seller through closing with our Transaction Coordination service for an additional fee of $800.
- Call the sellers to introduce yourself, confirm the appointment time, and most importantly answer any and all advance questions they have.
- Give the sellers an opportunity to do as much due diligence over the phone as possible so they are fully prepared to proceed with the listing when you arrive at the property.
- Insure that the seller sends you the completed MLS spec sheet which is provided by GoldenKey.
- Meet the sellers at the property at the scheduled time to get the process started and execute the listing contract. You may use your normal listing contract, but these terms must be included:
- Activate the new listing in your local MLS. Allow third party websites including zillow, trulia, and realtor.com to syndicate the listing. No further marketing must be provided.
- During the marketing period before the property goes under contract:
- Present all offers, negotiate the terms, and obtain the necessary signatures.
To avoid cancellations at or after the appointment, it is important to speak extensively to the sellers over the phone prior to your arrival. A GoldenKey representative will also speak to the seller beforehand to insure a successful appointment. You have earned your fee when the seller signs your listing contract.
Make an offer
When you accept a Make an Offer service, you will provide representation for the initial phase of purchasing a home including consultation, property research, contract preparation, and negotiation of terms. This service ends when the parties reach an agreement and the purchase contract is signed or when the parties fail to reach an agreement and give up. You earn the fee regardless of the outcome of the negotiation.
If the parties reach an agreement and the home is put under contract, you will continue to represent the buyer through closing with our Transaction Coordination service for an additional fee of $800. At closing, you will facilitate the commission rebate for the buyer. Professional price opinions are excluded from this service and would need to be purchased a la carte for $50.
- Call the buyer to introduce yourself and answer any questions.
- Contact the listing agent to establish a line of communication and get the latest scoop. If the property is sold or otherwise not available then cancel the service.
- Establish representation that is acceptable to you and the buyer. Any agency agreements must (1) be specific to this service so as not to exclude the buyer from purchasing other services from other agents, and (2) allow cancellation by the buyer at any time with no penalty.
- Discuss the offered commission as it applies to the rebate and adjust the commission if the buyer chooses. See Buyer Rebate FAQ.
- Discuss strategy, provide any necessary disclosures, and do any property research the buyer may need prior to making an offer.
- Submit a written offer and negotiate the best possible terms. Acquire all the necessary signatures.
Determine right away if the property is still available. If it is determined for an unforeseen reason and before extensive consultation or research that the property is unavailable or the buyer otherwise cannot or should not make an offer, then you should approve cancellation requests from the buyer. If extensive consultation or research was required to determine that the property is unavailable or the buyer should not make an offer, then cancellation requests need not be approved by you and you have earned your fee. Payment is due whether or not the buyer agrees to terms with the seller.
When you accept an Open House service, you will host a professional two hour open house for the seller. You will use signage as necessary. At the end you will call the seller with a quick after action report.
- Call the seller to coordinate logistics.
- List the open house in the MLS.
- Place a sign in the yard (and directional arrows as needed).
- Show up at the scheduled time and conduct a two hour open house.
- Report the results to the seller by the end of the day.
You may provide open houses on other agent's listings. In some jurisdictions, the seller may need to provide written authorization from the listing agent.
When you accept a Phone Consultation service, you will provide a one-on-one consultation over the phone at the schedule time.
- Call the customer at the scheduled time and provide consultation.
Professional price opinion
When you accept a Professional Price Opinion service, you will prepare a custom comparative market analysis (CMA) report. Within four hours, email the report to the customer and call the customer to discuss your findings. You do not have to go the property.
- Call the customer to introduce yourself and gather the necessary information.
- Prepare a comparative market analysis (CMA) on the property.
- Email the CMA to the customer within 4 hours of accepting the job.
- Call the customer to discuss and explain your findings within the same 4 hours.
When you accept a Tour Homes service, you will schedule the showings with the listing agents, coordinate the logistics with the customer, and personally conduct each showing for the customer at the time they requested.
- Call the buyer to introduce yourself and coordinate logistics.
- Schedule the showing appointments with the listing agents.
- Email the listing spec sheets to the buyer.
- Show up at the scheduled time and conduct the showings.
When you accept a Transaction Coordination service, you will provide representation after an accepted contract until closing. This includes managing the progression of the contract, resolving contingencies, giving advice, handling paperwork, and other in-office services necessary to finalize the transaction.
The customer may ask that you attend out of office events like the closing or an inspection for an additional fee of $100. Whether you agree to attend these events or not, you must be available to address any issues that arise during or after the event.
- Provide full representation from accepted contract until closing.
- Assist the client in every step of the process including giving advice, negotiating, managing progression of the contract, resolving contingencies, handling paperwork, and other in-office services necessary to finalize the transaction.
- If the client is a buyer, facilitate the buyer’s refund at closing.
The customer may not cancel this service unless the associated purchase or sale contract is terminated. Unlike our other services, the customer does not pay for this service unless the purchase or sale is successfully completed. You may mark this service complete up to 4 days prior to closing so that the customer's credit card is charged. If for some reason the property fails to close then the customer will receive a full refund.